Ticker

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Good Morning..Day 3

Morning.. Easier deep breathing this morning.  Woke to do dishes and laundry.  Hoping to have a BM at some point today.  I entertained the kids at dinner last night with the longest, lowest, rumbliest gass-fest.  So, we know the GI system is working.  Fingers crossed for some "productivity" later on today.

Today my goal is 64 -84 oz of fluid + 30 grams of protein. 

I'm thirsty, thirsty, thirsty.  I've noticed I'm pretty swollen in the fingers, wrists and ankles.  I'm going to see if the extra fluid consumption and maybe a long bath with epsom salts will do the trick in pushing this fluid back into the circulatory system.

Afternoon... I think I let the pain get ahead of me this morning.  I ended up soaking in the tub with a couple of bags of epsom salts to reduce swelling and get things moving.  I napped from 9am - 1pm..in the tub and woke up feeling great.  The water allowed me to take deeper breaths and stretch out my torso.  Since the brusing on the incisions is looking uglier today, I thought I'd try some Arnica to hasten healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment