http://www.loseit.com/ Thank you Sharon for turning me on to this fantastic website!
I noticed I often eat 2/3 - 3/4 of my daily calories after 4pm.
I sometimes eat 1/3 - 1/2 my daily calories in snacky foods.
So, going forward this week, I'm trying to:
1) Make sure 2/3 of my calories are consumed before 5pm. That means less night snacking and figuring out what I need to do during the day to decompress instead of waiting until night to flop out with a bag of sunflower seeds and popcorn to unwind.
2) Replace some of my typical snacky foods with other choices. Like what you ask? Aforementioned sunflower seeds and, get ready for it... chocolate-covered gummy bears. Or really, gummy anything. My kryptonite.
And an update: I've lost 49 pounds since December 20, 2010 and am now under 200 pounds.
Sunday, August 7, 2011
I'm vacationing in the beautiful San Juan Islands (Washington State) and flying completely blind with no scale in sight. Vacation strategies:
- Focus on intuitive eating.
- Watch for the soft signals, those advance warnings of impending fullness. Lately, my soft signals have been nasal congestion and runny nose. Nice signal, huh? When you can't breathe, stop eating!
- Have fun and relax. I have no pressing or immediately impending work activities and no projects that need immediate attention. I left my house in immaculate shape before leaving and all is well.
- Read for pleasure.
Posted by KJ at 10:42 AM